Labor, Health and Safety Performance
Grupo Sanborns is a source of employment for over 46 thousand permanent and temporary jobs in Mexico and some Central American countries. During 2017, employment decreased by 6.4%, as compared to the preceding year. Within the Benefit Programs established in Grupo Sanborns, there are:
- Digital scholarships and other grants for the children of employees and their direct family members,
- Home Office programs, flexible working hours for parents, financial support for funeral expenses and paid leaves of absence,
- Health prevention campaigns, with the cooperation of the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS being the Spanish acronym) and the Ministry of Health (SSA being the Spanish acronym.
- Civil Protection Programs with training for volunteer brigades,
- Personal development programs through ASUME, CRESE and the Social Well-Being Program,
- Courses through the “Capacítate para el Empleo” [“Train for the Job”] platform at the Fundación Carlos Slim for basic training of the operational personnel,
- Education and Training Programs on sales and management skills.